Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Week 1: Hanging, Chillin, and Adventures

So I have officially been here for a full week and wow I feel like everyday is a new adventure!

Something funny happened a few days ago. Up until 2 days ago I had been living alone in the guest house of 7 bedrooms and was used to it since it had been 5 days of living alone. I had heard that a guy from Cambridge was moving in but didn't know exactly when he would arrive. Well at 1 am I start to hear steps on the roof, chairs being moved, stomping up the stairs, cabinets being shut, and some yelling. It scared me so badly, it sounded EXACTLY like a robbery. I didn't know what to do, I sat in my locked room just hoping that whatever it was would leave and I could calm down. The loud noises kept going, so I called the emergency numbers I was given. I try to tell a man in spanish that someone I did not know was in my house, and he said he would call someone and possibly get the police here. It ended up being the new guy from cambridge. The next day I met him and kind of yelled at him for scaring the hell out of me!! He apologized, but I don't think he understands the kind of thoughts that went through my head when I had woken up to that in the middle of the night haha.

Last night we were at our favorite bar/hangout Cafe No Sé and just hung out and had some beers, the bartenders know us now so it gets more fun each time we go. This time they asked if I loved Antigua, and I of course said yes! Then, they offered me a job. haha its tempting, but I think I should finish my degree at UT? hahaha I can't imagine living over a couple years here though, its so small and such a slow way of life that I may go crazy because I love always having something to do or work on.

 Today we did a zipline trip in the forest of Antigua, above the coffee plantations, and it was SO much fun. Next is hiking Volcan de Pacaya, and going to Tikal. I will post some pictures soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment