Monday, June 27, 2011

Off to Antigua Tomorrow!

Bright and early, I will FINALLY be on my way to Antigua, Guatemala. I am extremely excited and nervous at the same time. The 5 weeks since my last post has gone by so fast! I can't believe June 28 is finally here and in less than 12 hours I'll be on my way to DFW airport! Air travel has always made me nervous, which is crazy, but I'm still new to the whole traveling completely alone thing. I have been brushing up on my spanish all week, although I hear that in Antigua a lot of people speak English. I have been keeping in touch with people from and living in Antigua right now and have arranged coffee dates with locals. I'm excited to see who is living in the volunteer housing when I'm there, I'm hoping at least a few people! This is going to be such an adventure, I don't think I've ever done something that is so independent! I am packing light, and layers because it's rainy season right now, and storms are expected all week... hopefully it will only rain a few hours in the afternoon or at night. Things have been going really smoothly with Cultural Embrace and the planning, I made a lot of specific requests and organizing things for certain times etc, and they made it all happen :) call me high maintenance I guess haha

The things I'm most looking forward to:
1. THE FOOD (I pick my destinations for the food, gotta be honest...haha)
2. Perfecting my Spanish
3. Volunteering
4. Adventures
5. Meeting new people
6. Returning with great memories and lots of pictures :)

So definitely stay posted! I'm sure I'll have some great stories!

Hasta Luego,
Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment